Flutterwave Store has helped so many small businesses grow and connect, ever since the pandemic back in 2020. Business owners who do not have access to creating a website, coding, and any other complexities with running a business were handed a very useful solution with Store. Store offers a number of useful features, such as seamless product uploading, fast and easy checkout, multiple payment methods, and even discount and product variation settings. But there was one crucial piece missing – direct access to delivery companies for merchants. That’s where our new partnership with SHiiP comes in! Exciting news!
SHiiP, a delivery aggregator company in Nigeria, provides access to over 80 delivery companies for both local and international deliveries. They help with end to end tracking and handling of merchants’ deliveries and shipments. They also offer periodic discounts and affordable rates.
Why the SHiiP integration is a game-changer for merchants
By partnering with SHiiP, we’ve made it easy for merchants to outsource their delivery operations, freeing up time and resources to focus on growth and sales. The vast number of couriers also means that it is easier and quicker to fulfill orders, as there is a reduced risk of limited delivery options.
What are the features of this integration?
- Streamlined order processing: Now that SHiiP is available on Store, shopping and delivery logistics are more streamlined. When an order is placed, merchants are able to call SHiiP for order processing, with just the click of a button on their dashboard. This helps with faster tracking of order deliveries on the merchant’s end.
- Transparent rates and timelines: Shoppers are able to view the rates and delivery timelines of the various ShiiP carriers. This is useful because when an order is placed on the Flutterwave Store and the customer inputs their address, SHiiP will automatically generate a list of couriers that are available in that region, along with the rates and timelines. So, it gives the customer transparency with choosing which carrier is best for them, depending on their needs for that purchase.
- Separate shipping and item fees after an order is placed: With SHiiP, the total order amount can be separated into the shipping fee and the item fee. When the order is completed, the shipping fee will be paid into a separate SHiiP account, whilst the item fee will be paid into the merchant’s account/wallet. However, this is automated and the shoppers will only have to make one payment, making it easier for everyone.
- Order tracking: After an order has been placed on your Store, it is assigned to the carrier that your customer has chosen. Your customer also gets an email notification to let them know that their order has been assigned, and this email also includes a tracking link which takes them to the SHiiP tracking page, so they can follow the progress of their order delivery.
How to get started with SHiiP and Flutterwave Store
Setting up SHiiP is easy! Just follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Flutterwave dashboard and click Store.
- Click Shipping on the left side of your dashboard.
- Click the dropdown button under shipping preference and select Use Flutterwave’s shipping partners.
- Fill your pickup address. This is where the delivery company will come to collect your customer’s orders.
- Make sure all your products have the correct weight as this is used to determine the delivery price for your customers.
When an order is placed, you will get a dashboard notification and an email from SHiiP letting you know the carrier your customer chose, and their delivery timelines. Once you see the order on your dashboard:
- Package the order and have it ready for delivery.
- Click on the order, then select ready for shipping.
- A dispatch rider will be assigned to pick up from you and deliver to your customer.
To get access to all the amazing benefits that SHiiP will bring to your business with Flutterwave, sign up to Flutterwave and create a Store, so you can start selling and delivering!