Over the last couple of months, we have been building an improved, better version of Barter based on your feedback, and we are happy to announce today that this all-new version of Barter is now ready for download on your app store.
First of all, nobody likes bugs, so we went bug hunting and squashed a few of them. You will notice a faster, smoother, more responsive Barter.
Here’s what else is different:
- The updated notifications page now shows you all the notifications you receive on Barter, in addition to your requests.
- You can now filter your notifications to only show you requests.
Profile & Settings
- We renamed the Profile page to Settings because, well, this one is a little obvious isn’t it? We also added a few extra settings.
- We included a setting to help you manage your saved cards. You can now add and delete multiple cards.
- We included a setting for you to decide whether or not to charge your saved card if your Barter balance is insufficient for a transaction.
- We also included a setting for subscribing and unsubscribing to Barter Premium.
- You can now generate your Barter account statement from the Settings page and have it sent to your registered email address. You’re welcome.
- You can now subscribe to a bouquet of premium-only features with our new Barter Premium service.
- Premium users can create unlimited Dollar cards; as many as they need.
- You can now automatically increase your daily transfer limit to ₦200,000 by signing up for Barter Premium.
- Premium users are now differentiated with a tick.
- Premium is only available to Nigerian users at this time.
- You can now send a reminder to someone who has not responded to your request to nudge them to action.
- You can now send a request for money even to people who are not Barter users.
- You can now make partial withdrawals from the money in your dollar cards.
- Premium users can create an unlimited number of Dollar cards.
- You can now fund your Barter directly from any of your bank apps by sending money to a personalized account number.
- Funding with your bank card now comes with a small 1% fee.
- You can now access loans and loan services from kwikmoney directly from within the app.
Transaction Details Page
- When you tap a transaction to view its details, we have added the option to pay for the same transaction again.
- If you’re getting spammed by requests from a certain user, you can block them and never hear from them again.
- We hope you continue to enjoy using Barter as much as much as we enjoy building it for you.
The Barter Team at Flutterwave